Wednesday, December 31, 2008

a recap of 2008 for me would be

economy went to hell in a hand basket. month by month it got worst and worst but alll we can do is pray that things get better in the new year. pray, pray, pray, and when you think you've prayed enough pray somemore.




i lost 30 pounds and set a goal to walk/jog my first ever 5K this coming april 2009. i starting working out and trying to eat right. that's been a struggle in it's self.



i have worked more this year than i have ever worked in my whole entire life, but i finally realize that if it's not all done that day it will be there the next day when you return.



i won my first
best of show
with my 1950 chevy
truck the peppermint express.





re and i opened a new business for our hot rod hobby and have found a love of old cars and we have met alot of new people going to show all over the four state area. i also started a up and coming (under construction currently) website for this company, and have a monthly newsletter that i send out with a growing address book to let folks know of upcoming car shows for the month.
went through several employees and met new friends and lost a few friends. realized that my little girl is going to move out one day soon because she's not little anymore. realized that my little boy is a pre-teen now and that comes with new stages. and realized that i may not see my stepson for awhile beacause once they get to a certain age they don't come to visit.
i hosted another thanksgiving and i hosted a christmas dinner for my step mothers family this year at our home. had the time of my life. made it through the holidays and learned that even if things aren't perfect there are certain people who think you are. (and thats the best feeling in the whole.)
lost my step father-in-law
bought some old cars and sold/traded a few.
won a lot of awards at different car shows.
finally realized my favorite hobbies
scrap booking
cooking
showing old cars/trucks
taking photos
but the most of all the most important thing that i learned this year was i need to take time and stop and smell the roses. (which in 2008 there was not a time that i can very remember doing that) and that makes me very sad because this year fell by and i worked the whole time from 3 am to most nights 10 pm. Which is why today i am going to post any blog of my new year resolutions and trust me i am a stickler for goals they inspire me to be a better person.

No comments: