Thursday, February 5, 2009

my new idea


i have wanted a old antique looking door for quite some time. i wasn't sure what i wanted to do with it but i knew that i would come up with something. something that is just all yours and no one would ever have one just let it (it may be similar but not the exact same). so when re and i moved my craft room (which is now known as the Eagle's Nest) i wanted everything in their to look aged not everything needed to look brand new. re and i saw many old doors for sale at different antique malls along the way but they are very costly, so re wanted to try something called crackle painting to give things a aged look and it worked beautifully on the regular wood door that is in Eagle's Nest.


so after many days of thinking of ideas i came up


my memory door


(now keep in mind it is a work in process)


I have a few pictures that are memories that i want to share with who ever visits the eagle's nest, and so i modge podge the items on the door. it doesn't have to be just pictures it can be anything special such as a poem that was written by your kids or i even modge podged a scrap page that my niece had mode of her dad at the lake. i have pictures of ash and cre when they were little and i have some of re and i. miss peppermint (my 1950 truck) is my center piece because she is a very special treasure of our family and one that we will always have great memories of. i think i myself like the look of the black and white photos on the door the best. remember these represents my favorite things/memories, and by the time it is complete i will have to find another door maybe not attached to anything but just to lean against the wall. when it is completed it will be just a collage of my favorite things.

p.s. i need to get a picture of my other niece on there because i just once that out of my two niece's i only have one of them up there. a funny thing about this memory door is when i was starting to creating it ash says to me why is there a picture of uncle j and dem and everybody except me. do you love them more or something. haha she was jealous!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THIS IS YOUR NEICE MADISON AND I'M VERY JEALOUS THAT THERE IS NO PICTURES OF ME AND I'M THE PRINCESS OF THE FAMILY.