Monday, February 2, 2009

Milestones come when we least expect them

so last night i was sitting in the office talking to my gma on the phone to see if she weathered the ice storm in OK when i heard cre in the kitchen banging around and so when the call ended with gma i walked out of the office and so the conversation went.........

me: i am fixing to cook supper what was you getting in the kitchen?

(him sitting on the couch eating something in a bowl)

cre: eggs

me: Eggs! (thinking he probably cooked them in the microwave learning that from his big sister ash since that's her main means of cooking) How did you cook those eggs cre the microwave?

cre: The oven I mean the stove. These egges are good!

me: (trying to catch my breathe) THE STOVE! You don't cook on the stove. Who taught you how to cook on the stove? Did you make a mess? (expecting the worst as i walked into the kitchen)

cre: i taught myself. i cleaned my mess up. what's the big deal?

me: (speechless when i walked in the kitchen only to find that it was clean with only one little mini skillet in the sink.) cre did you use pam?

cre: yes mom i did?

me: (tears starting to swell into my eyeballs) cre you didn't even ask me to do it for you. (refusing to let him know that he did it right except that little bit of burn smell that came from the stove) next time you ask me cause im not ready for you to cook.

cre: okay mom!

i thought to myself do i work so much that i missed this learning experience or is ash making him do this stuff at home while she's home. so i wanting to blame someone for this called her and said (knowing it wasn't true)

me: i am crying right now.

ash: what is wrong?

mom: cre just cooked eggs on the stove.

ash: (with a shocked voice) OMG when?

mom: just now

ash: (laughing very loud)

mom: and i am blaming this on you? did you teach him this?

ash: no did he use pam?

mom: yes.

ash: well he has never did it but he watches me cook them all the time.

mom: so then it is your fault. i am putting you responsible it this matter....

ash: ok mom bye. (while still laughing)

oh my, i still havent decided what i think about this. no mattter how hard i try i can't stop them from growing up. i wish i could have just one more day of them while they were a baby. i would not put the down all day.

No comments: