Sunday, November 23, 2008

Birthdays

Friday was my little boys (cre) 11th birthday. This weekend we took him to see the Oklahoma Sooners defeat Texas Tech. We sat on the 9th row of the south end zone and he took his best friend with him. He had a blast now he thinks this is going to be an every year event. From the time he could talk he has always said when I grow up I'm gonna play football for OU even though we are Razorback fans. He still looks OU. Now I must say being from Oklahoma myself I am a fan at heart as well.

The holidays are always the bestest time of year for me. For the past few years I have hosted Thanksgiving at my house and there are usually about 40 people total that I cook for. This year I am also hosting re's (my husband) step mom's family for what they call a white elephant christmas (men bring men gifts and ladies bring ladies gift then we play a little game to see who ends up with what.) there should be about 50 attending that. WOW! It is on Dec. 7th. So let's break it down on thanksgiving and the week after I am cooking a every large dinner for a lot of family. I love it though the stress gets to me right at the last minute but I love every minute if it. I love having family gatherings. It's not going to help the diet though.

The diet that is the whole reason I started this blog for support with a goal that I have set for myself. I have lost a total of 30 lbs. since Dec 1, 2007, but I'm now at a stand still not gaining and not losing either. On April 25, 2009 I am going to run in my first ever 5K Run. I am not a jogger, but I walk faster than most people jog so I'm told. I just need support.

So the reason for the blog is the let people know how I'm eating, sleeping, working, stressing, blah, blah, blah......If you have any comments please feel free, if you have any helpful pointers I would love to hear them.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Where are you doing your 5K? Maybe we could do it together? ;)

I'm impressed that you cook for so many people! I'm not a cook!